Saturday, April 21, 2012

I Am a Daughter of the Revolution

I am a Daughter of the Revolution.  My blood has stained the ground.  In this cherished land my boots have trod.  In this cherished land my fears have gnawed- but I've thrown them off with a guffaw.  With musket, powder, cloak and dagger, I am unlike polities swagger, for I am honour-bound.  The trees, my cover, the babbling brook, awaits the line I bait with hook.  For up ahead opposition lies.  And I am one and they are five.  Covert and silent, I know the drill, as I creep across the silent hill.  I push aside locks grazing brow and grasp my musket more firmly now.  My heart is steady as stealthily, I approach the enemy.  Blood, sweat and loss is all I've known.  For father, mother, children gone.  And country on verge of collapse.  I cannot bare hear dirge of  Taps.  What drives me is it courage, duty?  Or is it liberty's proclivity?  We must accomplish task at hand--restoration of this great land.  All else is worthless if freedom lost unless resolved at any cost.        

No comments: