Friday, February 12, 2010

Life...A "Tour of Duty"

There are lights that burn brightly in the darkness, lights that burn bright in the hearts of men. But there are circumstances that would snuff those lights out. It would be so easy if we all could just simply embrace an "All-Seeing, All-Knowing, All-Governing" Force that patiently and consistently oversees all earthly matters. But many of us cannot. Many of us tend to take our destinies into our own hands. WE can handle anything. WE can do it all. WE have all the answers, until something WE can't handle befalls us and we spiral out of control. So how does one go on after a traumatic life-changing event? How does one begin all over again after we find ourselves, a fragile egg, dropped out of our warm and cozy little egg carton onto a cold tiled floor, and now we're lying there, cracked into a million pieces? And more importantly...why? I didn't ask for this. Why did this happen to Me? At least in the military, when they sign on that dotted line, they have some idea what to expect. But, still, when they go to war, are wounded, or watch their buddies being killed, right in front of them, it is still going to cause long-term trauma. But you, you didn't sign on any dotted line...or did you? Did you have a quiet, heart-to-heart chat with G-d before you were born as to what you would agree to experience or not experience while you were here? Or did G-d just pass out a homework assignment to each one of you to complete where you either pass/fail? If you get a Pass you go on but boy oh boy if you get an F, it's back for another term. I don't believe any one prepares us for this Tour of Duty called "Life." And definitely none of us get through unscathed. The question is, how do we prepare for it, this journey? Should schools teach a course in it starting with Kindergarten? Should we bring this to the attention of our Priests, Ministers, Rabbis so that every Sabbath and Sunday they start to help us prepare? It seems as if we're all thrown down here in a giant blender. We're all mixed up. No one to lead and we're all going off in different directions. Everybody has questions, no one has answers. We're all on our own. Like an octopus on steroids, we're all flailing around. But I personally believe that there is a supernatural Force that is watching over everything and everyone. No matter what race, no matter what our circumstance. For me it is very simple to say as I have experienced this Force on many different levels and on many different occasions. For others who have not, it will be difficult to accept. How do I know this? Well, from a very early age I was very interested in spiritual matters and had and continue to have some very interesting experiences. Some would call them paranormal. Some have been of a very dark nature which have left a lasting impression and which I do not care to experience again. But I have no say in this matter. Others of a wonderful enlightening nature which I embrace with my whole being. Being an Empath is both a curse and a Blessing. I also have a repoire with animals that is truly wonderful. After many years and quite a bit of stumbling around and quite a few heated and angry conversations with G-d, I guess He got a bit tired of hearing from me and finally decided to reveal to me my true nature...why I was put here on this earth. I'm glad He did as it put alot of nagging questions to rest. But I went through an awful lot of pain, turmoil and unpleasant experiences before I reached a point where I believe that G-d felt I had finally arrived at (His) point in time. I finally had agreed to work according to His terms, not mine. I finally had grown up, after going through some very painful experiences, even though I didn't know why I was going through them at the time. This was all so that I could reach a point (G-d's point) to where I was ready for Him to receive me at His level so that I could actually be prepared enough to go to work for Him. Do you understand? This was all preparation planning. I had to earn my degree, so to speak. After looking back on all of this it is clear now that it wasn't "time" for me to come to realize who or what I was. I was just a bumbling, stumbling idiot. So here's a clear case of someone going through pain, not knowing why, searching for answers, and not finding them but not giving up. Continuing to have a dialogue with G-d, and continuing to search for answers. Even though I didn't hear from G-d going through all this, and not hearing any answers as to why, I don't feel that He "abandoned" me. It just wasn't time for me to know what He wanted me to know. So the morale of this is....G-d Never Fails, Don't Give Up, Even When You Don't Hear the Answers to Your Questions (They Will Come) And Most Importantly...Prayer, The Most Powerful Force in the World. Try It. It's Free. How Many Things Are Free That Actually Work???? Can't Get A Better Guarantee Than That. Believe Me, I Know.

No comments: