Friday, March 8, 2013

Starseed

A dazzling fractal of stars forms a blanket over my head
Old friends who whisper, "one day you will find your way
  back to us."


The stirring of brittle brown leaves
  makes me weep

Once succulent, green and full of life
  they now lie discarded at my feet 

The air is cold and crisp and biting
I pull my jacket closer around me, inviting

Listening to my Telepath
I move along the well-trod lath


Up ahead lies a looming forest

Mysterious, deep and dark
It holds no fear for I know its bark

Many magical and wondrous things have
  happened here

Elves and Gnomes, Faeries and Sprites
  gather here all in the pale moonlight

This is a dense, deep, dark hidden realm
One that I know and oh, so well

Giggles and shouts of merriment and laughter
All gather here to meet with Enchanter

Mimicking and whistling they spin a new rhyme
Out of shadows steps enigmatic French Mime

Ivy and holly and mistletoe, too
All intertwined in the stately tall yew

The sweet morning dew that blankets the floor
In the morn we awake to hoar and explore

What have the Urals to say?
Did they see many on their way?

The dancing lights
The many small people
Who soar around the tall, tall steeple

They live far away
They visit us often

Many are they from
am Rhein Ludwigshafen

 




No comments: