Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Dream

And behold, I saw four angels hovering over a great rift, across from one another.
Their heads were bent slightly downward.
One angel was facing East, and one West; one was facing North and the other South.
They were of the same height, width and breadth, wearing cream colored garments.
Their countenance, might and stature resembled columns of smooth marble.
Across their chests and extending down to their  wrists, was a mesh of fine maille.
They each wore what appeared to be a belt of some kind of woven metallic material.
As I was wondering about this, all four heads slowly raised and turned in my direction.  
I was unable to move as eight pair of unfathomably deep dark eyes focused on me.
There was an almost inaudible humming sound, as I was overtaken by a deep and penetrating gaze.
Each angel had, on its forehead, a word:
The angel facing East was Manifest.
The angel facing West was Magnify.  
The angel facing North was Multitude.
The angel facing South was Might.
Their feet, even though they were suspended in air, were hobbled and held fast by a thicket of brambles.    
Each had a long sword that was encased in an intricately detailed metal sheath.
The images on the sheath resembled Egyptian Hieroglyphics.
Their sheaths caught the glint of the sun every once in a while as it slowly made its way through the sky.
I'm unsure how much time went by as I endured their fixed gaze.
It was as if they were injecting thoughts, probing, making me think, ponder.
I suddenly found myself longing for home, thinking of my children, relatives, neighbors, and those who had gone before.
What seemed like an eternity ticked by.
Then, slowly, the darkness in their eyes retreated and they slowly turned back, facing one another.    
The rift below was full of turbulence and commotion.
Great blankets of dust and smoke wafted up from below and I could hear cries along with what sounded like water and  great waves crashing and thundering.
It was difficult and painful to comprehend what was going on.
The sun was muted and the moon was just barely discernible.
Interesting, I thought...here we have both the sun and the moon together.
As far as the eye could see there was a horizon with no vegetation; just emptiness, desolation.
The ground upon which I stood trembled now and then - it was as if something exalted was about to spring forth.
I saw an immense circular object hanging above the angels and over the giant rift.
As I strained my eyes I could make out what appeared to be a clock.
It had four sides to it with numbers on all four sides.
I could see through the clock but could not actually discern what portentous time it displayed.
There was no second hand.
It was of such beauty and magnificence that no mortal being could ever attempt its design, let alone behold it.
I marveled at this.
There were a large pair of upright wings with sharp talons attached to the bottom of each wing.  I fathomed that they were at least twenty feet in height.
One wing was attached to the left top part of the clock with its talons firmly anchored.  The other was attached to the right top of the clock.
It was as if they were holding it up and balancing it, in midair.
I swore I could hear something echoing from afar.
In spite of not understanding why I was here or even where I was, I heard these words..."the Great Hour is upon us."
Is it not true that the mind can take only so much it doesn't understand?
How was it possible that a single human being could be viewing this and actually being made aware of something like this?  Something so unimaginable, so incredulous?
More importantly, what did this all signify?
Then I knew, as these Beings were quick to answer my question.
They were instructing and in no uncertain terms I heard, in my head, "get your house in order."
I noted that they had distinctly said the word "get" instead of the word "put."
Now, I believe they did not say this to me, personally, but as if they were saying this to "all" of us.
I feel that they knew that each one of us, if we cared to heed their message, would interpret it in their own way and take the action(s) necessary.
They also knew that there would be those who would not.
Do we not live in unprecedented times?  - Is this not so?
Do we know not what tomorrow will bring?  - Is this not so?
I am just passing their message on, to all who will listen...

"Get your house in order".














No comments: